BACK     < >

The studio for Jascha Heifetz, constructed in 1948 and designed by Lloyd Wright, today stands within the Colburn School of the Performing Arts designed by Hardy Holzman and Pfeiffer. Efforts made by the Jewish Historical Society and the Los Angeles Conservancy eventually resulted in the studio being donated to the school. The first photo shows the studio prior to being disassembled. Each of the more than a thousand pieces (see second photo) were labelled, documented and placed in a storage container. When the time came for reconstruction, the studio was reframed with painstaking accuracy and the labelled parts restored to their original locations.